A last minute cancellation means big savings for you.
Save $500 per person – offer ends May 15th!
Our award-winning safari camps on this Kenya & Tanzania wildlife safari are solar-powered tented camps which minimize environmental impact while providing superb accommodation. The spacious tents have comfortable beds with an en-suite bathroom and flush toilet. Each camp is situated within a private wildlife conservancy, ensuring a personal safari experience away from the hordes of minibuses and crowds of tourists in the National Parks and Reserves. The camps provide income and employment for the Maasai communities who own the conservancies.
- Visit the Karen Blixen (Out of Africa) Museum in Nairobi
- Meet your baby elephant at the Nairobi animal orphanage (David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust). African Encounters includes a personal 12-month sponsorship of one of these elephant babies for every booking on this safari!
- Visit Amboseli National Park and the Maasai Mara in Kenya.
- Visit Ngorongoro Crater, the Serengeti and Tarangire National Park in Tanzania.
- Stay in superb tented camps with cosy beds and en-suite bathrooms – you’ll be glamping in Africa!
- Game drives from the camps in open 4×4 safari vehicles (not vans) with professional guides.
- Flights between camps get you straight to the wildlife without spending hours travelling over rough roads.
- Our outstanding small camps are in private conservancies, off the beaten track but adjacent to the top game parks.
- All of our professional guides and camp teams are from the local communities.
- On guided walks with Maasai warriors you’ll learn about fascinating small creatures and traditional remedies.
- Enjoy night game drives, visit an authentic Maasai village and stay in exclusive wilderness areas.
- All meals, drinks (wine, gin & tonic, beer, sodas, mineral water), game drives, walks, night drives and sundowners are included at the camps.
- Escorted from Nairobi by African Encounters director Karen Platzer and professional local guides.
- Maximum group size: 8 + guides.
Optional extension: End your Kenya & Tanzania safari with a few relaxing days on beautiful Zanzibar Island.
03 June: Independent arrival in Nairobi, where you will be met at the airport and taken to your central hotel for 2 nights
04 June: Visit your foster baby elephant at the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust and the Karen Blixen Museum
05 – 07 June: Fly to our Amboseli camp for 3 nights. Game drives in the private conservancy and Amboseli National Park, and visit an authentic Maasai village where some of our camp staff live.
08 – 10 June: Fly to our camp in a private conservancy adjacent to the famous Maasai Mara for 3 nights. Day and night game drives in the conservancy and a full day in the Maasai Mara National Reserve
11 – 13 June: Transfer by flight and road to our private camp in the Serengeti. Experience the wildebeest migration on game drives in an open 4×4 safari vehicle.
14 June: Fly to Manyara and enjoy a game drive in Lake Manyara National Park before driving to Gibbs Farm for one night.
15 – 17 June: Morning game drive in the spectacular Ngorongoro Crater, and afternoon drive to our private conservancy adjacent to Tarangire National Park – one of Tanzania’s less-known gems. Game drives in open 4×4 safari vehicles in the conservancy and Tarangire National Park, and a visit to a local school -always a highlight for our groups!
18 June: Your amazing safari ends around midday in Arusha. Transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport for your flight home, or connect with flight your flight to Zanzibar if you are joining Karen on the optional extension.
What our clients have to say...
‘Thank you very much for planning and escorting us so well on our African Encounter in Kenya and Zanzibar. We loved every minute of the whole experience and consider ourselves terribly lucky to have been there. The 3-day glamping stops with posh hotels thrown in very occasionally to do the washing was perfect! We could not have been better catered for and have told all prepared to listen.’
Alastair & Nicky Orsborn, Masterton